More than a century beside a Mazu temple.
Ruisui Elementary School's history stretches back to 1907, when it began as a girls'-education branch class established east of Fengyuan's Cixi Temple, a Mazu temple at the heart of the old Huludun town. It was renamed Ruisui and became fully coeducational in 1935. With roots reaching back more than a century, it is one of the oldest school lineages in the Fengyuan area.
瑞穗國小校史可追溯至1907年,最初於豐原慈濟宮(媽祖廟)東側設立女子教育分教場,這裡正是舊葫蘆墩街的信仰與商業核心地帶。1935年更名為「瑞穗」,並改為男女合校。逾百年校史,使本校成為豐原地區歷史最悠久的校系之一。
What makes this school worth knowing.
🏛️ More Than a Century of History
逾百年校史
Ruisui's roots stretch back to 1907, making it one of the oldest continuous school lineages in the Fengyuan area.
🙏 Founded Beside a Mazu Temple
創校於媽祖廟旁
The school began as a girls'-education branch class established just east of Fengyuan's Cixi Temple, a Mazu temple at the heart of the historic old town.
👧 From Girls'-Only to Coeducation
從女子教育到男女合校
Originally a girls'-education branch, the school was renamed Ruisui and opened to boys as well in 1935.
Rooted in the old town's religious heart.
Ruisui Elementary's origin beside Fengyuan's Cixi Temple ties it directly to the religious and commercial heart of the old Huludun town, the historic name by which Fengyuan was known before Japanese rule. See the Taichung county page for more on the region.
Find the school.
No. 72, Xi'an St., Fengyuan Dist., Taichung City, Taiwan
臺中市豐原區西安街72號
School's Official Website (Chinese) ↗
Last updated: July 2026 · Content adapted and condensed from the school's official Chinese-language website by the Taiwan Bilingual Hub team, not yet reviewed by the school. If you're from Ruisui Elementary School and would like to correct or expand this page, please contact us.