Named for the road at its gate.
Lixing Elementary began in 1955 as a branch campus of Chenggong Elementary School, becoming independent in 1957 as East District's population expanded in the postwar decade. The school takes its name from Lixing Road, where its school gate was originally located — a naming pattern that ties the institution directly to its immediate neighborhood.
力行國小前身為民國44年(1955年)設立的成功國小分班,民國46年(1957年)獨立設校,正值東區人口在戰後十年間快速擴張的時期。校名取自最初校門所在的力行路,直接反映了學校與周邊社區的緊密連結。
What makes this school worth knowing.
🛣️ Named for Its Original Gate Road
校名源自力行路
Lixing Elementary takes its name from Lixing Road, where the school's original gate was located.
📈 Split Off as East District Grew
因東區人口擴張分出
Founded as a 1955 branch of Chenggong Elementary, the school became independent in 1957 amid East District's postwar population expansion.
🏫 A Postwar East District Institution
戰後東區教育發展代表
The school's founding illustrates the broader pattern of new elementary schools splitting off from established ones as East District urbanized.
Named for its own front gate.
Lixing Elementary's founding as a 1950s branch of Chenggong Elementary — and its naming after Lixing Road — traces East District's postwar transformation as new roads and schools followed the neighborhood's rapid population growth. See the Taichung county page for more on the region.
Find the school.
No. 223, Jinhua Rd., Dong Dist., Taichung City, Taiwan
臺中市東區進化路223號
School's Official Website (Chinese) ↗
Last updated: July 2026 · Content adapted and condensed from the school's official Chinese-language website by the Taiwan Bilingual Hub team, not yet reviewed by the school. If you're from Lixing Elementary School and would like to correct or expand this page, please contact us.