A century on the Beishi terrace.
Beishi Elementary began in 1922 as the Beishikeng branch station, becoming an independent school named "Beishikeng Public School" in 1941. It grew steadily through the postwar decades, reaching 26 classes by 1962 as Shalu's rural population expanded. Today it continues to serve the Beishi terrace area, one of the district's older rural settlements.
北勢國小創校於1922年,前身為「北勢坑分教場」,1941年獨立設校,命名為「北勢坑公學校」。戰後隨著沙鹿農村人口成長,學校規模穩定擴大,至1962年已達26個班級。至今持續服務北勢台地一帶,這是沙鹿地區較為古老的聚落之一。
What makes this school worth knowing.
🏗️ A Century of Growth
百年成長歷程
Beishi Elementary began as a small branch station in 1922 and grew to 26 classes by 1962, tracking Shalu's postwar rural population boom.
📛 Independent Since 1941
1941年獨立設校
The school became fully independent under the name "Beishikeng Public School" in 1941, during the late Japanese colonial era.
⛰️ Anchoring an Old Terrace Settlement
北勢台地的老聚落
Beishi Elementary serves the Beishi terrace area, one of Shalu's older rural communities on the Dadu Tableland.
A rural terrace transformed.
Beishi Elementary's steady growth from a single branch station to a 26-class school by the 1960s mirrors the wider transformation of Shalu's rural terrace settlements into a densely populated coastal district. See the Taichung county page for more on the region.
Find the school.
No. 376, Nanyang Rd., Liulu Vil., Shalu District, Taichung City, Taiwan
臺中市沙鹿區六路里南陽路376號
School's Official Website (Chinese) ↗
Last updated: July 2026 · Content adapted and condensed from the school's official Chinese-language website by the Taiwan Bilingual Hub team, not yet reviewed by the school. If you're from Beishi Elementary School and would like to correct or expand this page, please contact us.