A postwar school rebuilt after disaster.
Neixin Elementary began in 1947 as a branch of Dali Elementary School and became an independent school in 1956. It was completely destroyed in the historic 1959 "8/7 Flood" (八七水災) and subsequently rebuilt. As one of the older schools in the district, its post-war founding and flood-recovery history mirror Dali's mid-20th-century transition into a formally organized administrative district.
內新國小於民國36年(1947年)以大里國小分校形式創立,民國45年(1956年)正式獨立設校。1959年歷史性的「八七水災」中校舍全毀,其後重建。作為大里歷史較悠久的學校之一,其戰後創校與水災重建的歷程,反映了大里在二十世紀中葉轉型為正式行政區的過程。
What makes this school worth knowing.
🌊 Rebuilt After the 8/7 Flood
八七水災後重建
The school was completely destroyed in the historic 1959 "8/7 Flood" and rebuilt from the ground up, a defining chapter in its history.
🏫 From Branch to Independent School
從分校到獨立設校
Neixin began in 1947 as a branch of Dali Elementary before becoming fully independent in 1956, part of Dali's postwar school expansion.
🕰️ One of Dali's Older Schools
大里歷史較悠久的學校
Its founding in the immediate postwar years places Neixin among the older schools in the district, predating much of Dali's later suburban growth.
A history shaped by flood and recovery.
One of the older schools in Dali, its post-war founding and flood-recovery history mirror the area's mid-20th-century transition into a formally organized administrative district. See the Taichung county page for more on the region.
Find the school.
Dali District, Taichung City, Taiwan
臺中市大里區
School's Official Website (Chinese) ↗
Last updated: July 2026 · Content adapted and condensed from the school's official Chinese-language website by the Taiwan Bilingual Hub team, not yet reviewed by the school. If you're from Neixin Elementary School and would like to correct or expand this page, please contact us.