From one classroom to a hillside campus.
Lufeng Elementary began in 1952 as a single-class branch of Shalu Elementary, holding lessons in a village community hall. The school grew over the following decades and moved into a purpose-built campus on the Lufeng hillside in 1997. Its name places it within a cluster of Shalu place-names — Lufeng, Luliao, and Luyang — that share the upland "Lu-" prefix across the district's hilly terrain.
鹿峰國小創立於民國41年(1952年),最初以沙鹿國小單班分校的形式,借用村里活動中心上課。學校歷經數十年發展,於1997年遷入鹿峰山丘上新建的校地。校名與沙鹿地區「鹿寮」、「鹿陽」等地名同屬「鹿」字聚落群,共同見證此地丘陵地形的特色。
What makes this school worth knowing.
🏘️ One Classroom in a Village Hall
村里活動中心的單班教室
Lufeng Elementary started in 1952 as a single-class branch of Shalu Elementary, with lessons held in a local village community hall.
🏔️ A New Hillside Campus
1997年遷入山丘校地
After decades of growth, the school moved into a purpose-built campus on the Lufeng hillside in 1997.
🦌 Part of Shalu's "Lu-" Place-Name Cluster
「鹿」字地名群的一員
Lufeng shares its upland hillside naming pattern with neighboring Luliao and Luyang, tracing Shalu's hilly terrain across several school names.
Shalu's upland "Lu-" place names.
Lufeng Elementary's hillside setting places it within a distinctive cluster of Shalu place-names — Lufeng, Luliao, Luyang — all sharing the "Lu-" prefix that marks the district's upland terrain rising from the coastal plain. See the Taichung county page for more on the region.
Find the school.
No. 209, Xinghe Rd., Shalu District, Taichung City, Taiwan
臺中市沙鹿區星河路209號
School's Official Website (Chinese) ↗
Last updated: July 2026 · Content adapted and condensed from the school's official Chinese-language website by the Taiwan Bilingual Hub team, not yet reviewed by the school. If you're from Lufeng Elementary School and would like to correct or expand this page, please contact us.