A century in Beigang's farming outskirts.
Haoshou Elementary was founded on April 10, 1922, under Japanese rule as a public school, and was renamed Haoshou National School under ROC administration in 1950. Today the school operates a branch campus, Yuying Elementary, in the neighboring village of Fangou. Over its century-long history, it has remained rooted in Beigang's rural, agricultural outskirts, serving generations of local farming families.
好收國小創立於大正11年(1922年)4月10日,日治時期以公學校之姿設立,民國39年(1950年)更名為「好收國民學校」。如今學校於鄰近的番溝里設有育英分校。歷經百年校史,好收國小始終扎根於北港的農村邊陲地帶,服務世代務農的地方家庭。
What makes this school worth knowing.
🎋 A 1922 Founding
1922年創校
Founded April 10, 1922, as a public school under Japanese rule, Haoshou carries over a century of history in Beigang's rural outskirts.
🏫 Renamed Under the ROC
1950年更名
The school was renamed Haoshou National School in 1950 as part of the broader transition to ROC administration after 1945.
🌱 The Yuying Branch Campus
育英分校
Haoshou operates the Yuying branch campus in neighboring Fangou Village, extending its reach to a wider rural catchment area.
A century feeding into Beigang's pilgrimage identity.
A century-old school in Beigang's farming outskirts, it has long fed into the town's broader identity as a Mazu pilgrimage hub centered on Chaotian Temple. Generations of families in Haoshou's rural catchment area have combined farming livelihoods with the religious and commercial life of the town center. See the Yunlin county page for more on the region.
Find the school.
No. 20, Haoshou Village, Beigang Town, Yunlin County, Taiwan
雲林縣北港鎮好收里二十號
School's Official Website (Chinese) ↗
Last updated: July 2026 · Content adapted and condensed from the school's official Chinese-language website by the Taiwan Bilingual Hub team, not yet reviewed by the school. If you're from Haoshou Elementary and would like to correct or expand this page, please contact us.