Nearly ninety years, rooted in a temple.
Xisong Elementary was founded on April 1, 1936, under Japanese rule as "臺北州立西松山公學校." Its first classes were held in a borrowed wing of Songshan's historic Ciyou Temple (慈祐宮) before a new building was completed the following year. The school was renamed "若松國民學校" in 1941, "西松國民學校" in 1946, and took its current name in 1968. Nearly 90 years old, it shared its campus with Xisong Junior High School until the junior high relocated in 1996, and today runs 49 regular classes plus 7 resource classes and 8 kindergarten classes.
西松國小創立於昭和11年(1936年)4月1日,日治時期名為「臺北州立西松山公學校」。創校初期曾借用松山地區歷史悠久的慈祐宮廂房上課,隔年(1937年)新校舍才正式落成。學校於民國30年(1941年)更名「若松國民學校」,民國35年(1946年)改名「西松國民學校」,民國57年(1968年)定名為現今校名。創校近九十年,曾與西松國中共用校地,直至民國85年(1996年)西松國中遷校為止。目前設有49個普通班、7個資源班及8個幼兒園班級。
What makes this school worth knowing.
⛩️ Born Inside a Temple
借用廟宇上課起家
Xisong Elementary's very first classes in 1936 were held in a borrowed wing of Songshan's historic Ciyou Temple, before a dedicated campus was built.
🏛️ Nearly 90 Years of History
近九十年校史
Founded in 1936 under Japanese rule, Xisong is one of Songshan's oldest schools, with roots in the temple-adjacent Japanese-era public-school system.
🏫 Once Shared With a Junior High
曾與國中共用校地
The elementary school shared its campus with Xisong Junior High until the junior high relocated in 1996.
Songshan's oldest temple-adjacent school.
Xisong Elementary's temporary classrooms inside Ciyou Temple in 1936 tie it directly to Songshan's oldest continuously used religious and community landmark, predating the district's airport and tobacco-factory eras.
Find the school.
No. 5, Sanmin Rd., Songshan Dist., Taipei City 105, Taiwan
臺北市松山區三民路5號
School's Official Website (Chinese) ↗
Last updated: July 2026 · Content adapted and condensed from the school's official Chinese-language website by the Taiwan Bilingual Hub team, not yet reviewed by the school. If you're from Xisong Elementary School and would like to correct or expand this page, please contact us.