Still known by its old name, "Qian-Dabu."
Dongyuan Elementary traces its roots to March 1915 (Taisho 4), when it opened as 番社庄前大埔公學校. It was renamed several times through the twentieth century — to 前大埔公學校 in 1922, 東原國民學校 in 1947, and formally reorganized as Tainan County Dongshan Township Dongyuan Elementary School in 1960. The school once operated a satellite branch campus at Nanshi (南勢分校) from 1956 to 1974, which closed for lack of enrollment. Marking 110 years of history around 2025, the school is still widely known locally by its old place name, "Qian-Dabu" (前大埔, "front big embankment").
東原國小校史可追溯至大正4年(1915年)3月設立的番社庄前大埔公學校。歷經多次更名:1922年改稱前大埔公學校、1947年改稱東原國民學校,1960年正式改組為台南縣東山鄉東原國民小學。學校曾於1956年至1974年間設有南勢分校,後因招生不足而裁撤。學校於2025年前後屆滿110週年校慶,至今地方上仍習慣以舊地名「前大埔」稱呼這所學校。
What makes this school worth knowing.
🏫 Over a Century of History
逾百年校史
Tracing back to 1915, Dongyuan marked 110 years of history around 2025, making it one of the oldest schools in Dongshan District.
📜 Many Names, One School
歷經多次更名
From 番社庄前大埔公學校 to 東原國民學校 to its current name, the school's series of renamings trace Taiwan's changing eras.
🗺️ Still Known as "Qian-Dabu"
舊地名「前大埔」
Locals still refer to the school by its historic place name, "front big embankment" (前大埔).
Older than the coffee brand itself.
One of the oldest schools in Dongshan District, it has served this coffee-farming hamlet in the hills since the Japanese colonial era, long before "Dongshan coffee" (東山咖啡) became a nationally known brand. See the Tainan county page for more on the region.
Find the school.
No. 8, Dongyuan Village, Dongshan District, Tainan City 733, Taiwan
733台南市東山區東原里8號
School's Official Website (Chinese) ↗
Last updated: July 2026 · Content adapted and condensed from the school's official Chinese-language website by the Taiwan Bilingual Hub team, not yet reviewed by the school. If you're from Dongyuan Elementary School and would like to correct or expand this page, please contact us.