More than a century by Mazu Mountain.
Chenggong Elementary School's roots go back to 1906, when it opened as a branch of Dahu Public School called 'Dinjiading Branch School.' It became independent in 1917 as 'Dinjiading Public School,' relocated in 1938 to its present site near Mazu Mountain (媽祖婆山), and split off from Jiading Elementary School as its own campus in 1952. As of 2023 it had 187 students.
成功國小校史可追溯至1906年,當時作為大湖公學校的分校「頂茄萣分校」設立,1917年獨立設校,改稱「頂茄萣公學校」,1938年遷至現址、鄰近媽祖婆山,1952年自茄萣國小分出獨立。截至2023年,全校學生數為187人。
What makes this school worth knowing.
🏫 More Than a Century of Roots
逾百年校史
Chenggong Elementary's history stretches back to 1906 as a colonial-era branch school, becoming fully independent in 1917 under the name Dinjiading Public School.
⛰️ Beside Mazu Mountain
鄰近媽祖婆山
The school relocated to its present site near Mazu Mountain (媽祖婆山) in 1938 — a place-name that reflects Cieding's deep-rooted Mazu maritime folk-religion traditions.
🌊 Split From Jiading Elementary in 1952
1952年自茄萣國小分出
Chenggong split off to become its own independent school from Jiading Elementary School in 1952, part of a lineage of branch splits across the district's schools.
By the mountain named for Mazu.
Chenggong Elementary's site near Mazu Mountain (媽祖婆山) reflects Cieding's deep-rooted Mazu and maritime folk-religion traditions, tied closely to the district's identity as a fishing community. See the Kaohsiung county page for more on the region.
Find the school.
No. 1, Chenggong Rd., Cieding District, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
高雄市茄萣區成功路一號
School's Official Website (Chinese) ↗
Last updated: July 2026 · Content adapted and condensed from the school's official Chinese-language website by the Taiwan Bilingual Hub team, not yet reviewed by the school. If you're from Chenggong Elementary School (Jiading) and would like to correct or expand this page, please contact us.