A school once renamed for Chiang Kai-shek.
Daxi Junior High was founded on October 17, 1946, as Daxi Junior Middle School. Around 1975 it was renamed “Wuling Junior High School” (武嶺國民中學) because of its proximity to 大溪行館, Chiang Kai-shek's residence — 武嶺 being a mountain-climbing pen name Chiang used — before reverting to Daxi Junior High School in August 1992. The school originally sat on a roughly one-hectare campus beside Daxi's Zhongzheng Park before moving to its current five-plus-hectare site in August 1985.
大溪國中創立於1946年(民國35年)10月17日,初名大溪初級中學。1975年前後因鄰近蔣中正官邸「大溪行館」,改名為「武嶺國民中學」(武嶺為蔣中正登山時使用的別號),1992年(民國81年)8月改回大溪國民中學原名。學校原址位於大溪中正公園旁,約一公頃校地,1985年8月遷至現今逾五公頃的校地。
What makes this school worth knowing.
🏔️ A Name Borrowed from Chiang Kai-shek
校名曾借自蔣中正別號
The school was briefly renamed “Wuling Junior High” — Chiang Kai-shek's mountain-climbing pen name — for its proximity to his Daxi retreat.
📍 A Move to a Larger Campus
遷校至更大校地
In 1985 the school relocated from its original one-hectare site beside Zhongzheng Park to its current five-plus-hectare campus.
📜 Nearly 80 Years of History
近八十年校史
Founded in 1946, just after Taiwan's retrocession, the school has served Daxi's junior-high students for nearly eight decades.
A school once renamed for Chiang Kai-shek.
Daxi Junior High's former name, “武嶺” (Wuling, Chiang Kai-shek's mountain-climbing pen name), is a direct historical fingerprint of the school's location near the Cihu and Daxi presidential retreat and mausoleum complex — a reminder of the district's mid-20th-century political history.
Find the school.
No. 210, Minquan E. Rd., Daxi District, Taoyuan City 335, Taiwan
335桃園市大溪區民權東路210號
School's Official Website (Chinese) ↗
Last updated: July 2026 · Content adapted and condensed from the school's official Chinese-language website by the Taiwan Bilingual Hub team, not yet reviewed by the school. If you're from Daxi Junior High School and would like to correct or expand this page, please contact us.