All Lessons · 課程總覽 Resources · 教學資源
Tutoring Lesson · Everyday Topics
🎬

Movies & TV

電影與電視

Almost everyone has a favorite movie or show, so this topic gets students talking fast. Share your own favorites too — the goal is a real two-way conversation, not a test.

⏱ ~60 minutes 🎯 All levels 🔊 Tap to hear any phrase

Before you start tutor prep

開始前 · 給老師的兩分鐘準備
  • Open this page and turn on your camera and microphone before the student joins.學生上線前,先打開這一頁,並開好你的鏡頭與麥克風。
  • Have a movie or TV show of your own ready to share — a favorite, plus something you watched recently.準備一部你自己的電影或影集可以分享——一部最愛,再加上最近看過的一部。
  • Keep a pen and paper (or a notes window) handy to jot down new words your student wants.手邊備好紙筆(或開個筆記視窗),記下學生想學的新單字。
  • Plan to talk about half the time. Ask a question, listen, then add your own answer.預計自己大約只說一半的話。先問問題、聆聽,再補上你自己的回答。
  • Tap the 🔊 button next to any phrase to play clear English audio for your student.點任何句子旁邊的 🔊 按鈕,就能播放清楚的英文發音給學生聽。
Mindset: Your job is to help the student speak, not to speak perfectly yourself. Smile, slow down, and let silences breathe — give them time to find the words before you jump in. 心法:你的任務是幫學生開口說,而不是自己說得多完美。微笑、放慢、讓沉默有空間——在你接話前,給他時間找到要說的字。

1 · Warm-up 5 min

暖身 · 輕鬆開場

Start light and friendly. Let the student warm up their English with easy, familiar questions. 輕鬆、友善地開始。用簡單又熟悉的問題,讓學生暖暖身、進入英文狀態。

  • Do you like movies or TV shows more?你比較喜歡電影還是電視影集?
  • What did you watch recently?你最近看了什麼?
  • Do you watch on a phone, a computer, or a TV?你是用手機、電腦還是電視看?
  • Do you watch alone or with family and friends?你是自己看,還是跟家人朋友一起看?
Tip: If the student gives a one-word answer, gently ask "Why?" or "Tell me more." Keep your own answers short here so they get the most talking time. 小提醒:學生只回一個字時,溫和地問「為什麼?」或「再多說一點」。這裡你自己的回答盡量簡短,讓學生有最多的說話時間。

2 · Key words & phrases 8 min

關鍵單字與句子 · 點 🔊 帶讀

Read each word aloud, tap 🔊 so the student hears it, and have them repeat it. Then ask them to make one sentence with a word they like. 把每個字念出來,點 🔊 讓學生聽,再請他跟著念。接著請他用一個喜歡的字造一個句子。

  • movie電影 I watched a great movie last night.
  • TV show電視節目 My family watches a TV show together every weekend.
  • series影集;連續劇 This series has five seasons.
  • episode一集 I watched three episodes in one night.
  • actor演員 My favorite actor is in this movie.
  • character角色 The main character is very funny.
  • comedy喜劇 I love a good comedy after a long day.
  • action動作片 Action movies have a lot of fighting and car chases.
  • scary恐怖的;嚇人的 That horror movie was too scary for me.
  • funny好笑的;有趣的 The ending was so funny that I laughed out loud.
  • "My favorite show is ___"我最喜歡的節目是___ My favorite show is a cooking competition.
  • "It is about ___"它是在講___ It is about a family that runs a small restaurant.
Tip: Don't drill all the words like a list. Pick a few, use them in a real question, and let the words come up naturally while you chat. 小提醒:不要把所有字當成清單一個個操練。挑幾個出來,放進真實的問題裡,讓單字在聊天中自然出現。

3 · Read & talk 8 min

讀與說 · 你念 A,學生念 B,再交換

Read this together. You take A, the student takes B, then swap roles. Tap 🔊 on any line the student finds tricky. 一起念這段對話。你念 A,學生念 B,然後交換角色。學生覺得難的句子就點 🔊。

A

Have you watched anything good lately?

你最近有看到什麼好看的嗎?
B

Yes! I just finished a new series. It is so good.

有!我剛追完一部新影集,超好看的。
A

Oh, what is it about?

喔,它是在講什麼的?
B

It is about a chef who opens a small restaurant. It is a comedy.

它在講一個廚師開了一家小餐廳。是喜劇。
A

Nice! Is it funny the whole time?

不錯耶!它從頭到尾都很好笑嗎?
B

Mostly, yes. The main character is really funny, but the ending made me cry.

大部分是。主角真的很好笑,但結局讓我哭了。
A

That sounds great. How many episodes are there?

聽起來很棒。總共有幾集?
B

Just eight. You can finish it in one weekend.

只有八集,一個週末就能追完。
A

Perfect. I will watch it tonight. Thanks for the tip!

太好了,我今晚就來看。謝謝你推薦!
B

You are welcome. Tell me what you think after you watch it.

不客氣。你看完後告訴我你的想法。
Tip: After reading, ask the student to recommend a real show to you using the same lines: "What is it about?" and "How many episodes are there?" Then react like a real friend. 小提醒:念完後,請學生用同樣的句子真的推薦一部影集給你:「它是在講什麼的?」「總共有幾集?」然後像真正的朋友一樣回應。

4 · Let's talk 12 min

換你說 · 依程度選題,也分享你自己的最愛

Pick questions that fit your student's level. Answer some yourself too — they love hearing about your favorites. 選擇符合學生程度的問題。也回答一些——學生很愛聽你的最愛是什麼。

BEGINNER 初級
  • What is your favorite movie or show?你最喜歡的電影或節目是什麼?
  • Do you like comedy or action?你喜歡喜劇還是動作片?
  • When do you usually watch TV?你通常什麼時候看電視?
  • Who do you watch with?你都跟誰一起看?
INTERMEDIATE 中級
  • What kind of movies do you enjoy, and why?你喜歡哪一類的電影?為什麼?
  • How often do you watch shows in a week?你一週大概看幾次影集?
  • Do you prefer to finish a whole series quickly, or watch one episode at a time?你喜歡一口氣追完整部影集,還是一次看一集?
  • Is there a show your friends love that you don't like?有沒有一部你朋友很愛、你卻不喜歡的節目?
ADVANCED 進階
  • How have your TV habits changed since you were a child?從小到大,你的看電視習慣有什麼改變?
  • Do you think people watch too much TV today? Why or why not?你覺得現在的人看太多電視了嗎?為什麼?
  • What makes a movie truly memorable for you?對你來說,是什麼讓一部電影真正令人難忘?
  • Do streaming apps make watching better or worse than old-fashioned TV?串流平台讓觀看體驗比傳統電視更好,還是更糟?
Tip: When a student uses a wrong word, repeat their sentence back correctly in a natural way instead of stopping to explain a grammar rule. Keep the conversation flowing. 小提醒:學生用錯字時,自然地把他的句子用正確的方式複述一遍,而不是停下來解釋文法規則。讓對話持續流動。

5 · Going deeper 10 min

再深入一點 · 追問「為什麼」與舉例

Push for longer answers. Ask "Why?" and "Can you give me an example?" to stretch their speaking. 要求更長的回答。問「為什麼?」和「可以舉個例子嗎?」來延展他的口說。

BEGINNER 初級
  • Tell me about one movie you love. What happens in it?跟我說一部你愛的電影。裡面發生了什麼事?
  • Who is your favorite character? Why?你最喜歡的角色是誰?為什麼?
  • Is it happy or sad?它是快樂的還是悲傷的?
INTERMEDIATE 中級
  • Describe the plot of your favorite movie in a few sentences.用幾句話描述你最愛電影的劇情。
  • Have you ever watched a movie that was based on a book? Which was better?你看過根據小說改編的電影嗎?哪一個比較好?
  • Would you recommend it to me? Why?你會推薦給我嗎?為什麼?
ADVANCED 進階
  • Some say the book is always better than the movie. Do you agree?有人說原著小說永遠比電影好。你同意嗎?
  • What is a movie that changed how you saw something? How?有沒有一部電影改變了你對某件事的看法?怎麼改變的?
  • If you could remake any old movie, which one would you choose, and what would you change?如果你可以重拍任何一部老電影,你會選哪一部?你會改什麼?
Tip: If they describe a plot out of order or get stuck, give them the next word and let them keep going. Don't break the story to correct small mistakes. 小提醒:如果他把劇情講得順序亂掉或卡住,給他下一個字,讓他繼續說下去。不要為了改小錯誤而打斷整個故事。

6 · Activity — describe a movie 10 min

活動 · 描述一部電影

A fun guessing game that gets the student speaking in full sentences. 一個有趣的猜謎遊戲,能讓學生用完整句子說話。

  1. The student thinks of a famous movie but does not say its name.學生想一部有名的電影,但說出片名。
  2. They describe it: the type of movie, the characters, and what happens.他描述這部電影:電影類型、角色,以及發生了什麼事。
  3. You ask questions and try to guess the movie.你提問,試著猜出是哪部電影。
  4. When you guess it (or give up), swap roles — now you describe one and the student guesses.當你猜中(或放棄)後,交換角色——換你描述一部,讓學生猜。

It is a ___ movie.

It is about ___.

The main character is ___.

At the end, ___ happens.

I think you will like it because ___.

Tip: Choose movies you both might know — superhero films, animated classics, or famous comedies work well across cultures. Keep your guesses out loud so the student hears more English. 小提醒:選你們兩個可能都知道的電影——超級英雄片、經典動畫或有名的喜劇都很跨文化好用。把你的猜測念出聲,讓學生聽到更多英文。

7 · Wrap-up 5 min

收尾 · 在高點結束
  • Ask the student to name one new word they learned today and use it in a sentence.請學生說出今天學到的一個新單字,並用它造一個句子。
  • Ask them to recommend one movie or show for you to watch this week.請他推薦一部電影或節目,讓你這週看。
  • Give one piece of warm, specific praise ("Your description of the plot was really clear!").給一句溫暖、具體的稱讚(「你把劇情描述得好清楚!」)。
  • Set a tiny homework task: watch five minutes of a show in English and tell you about it next time.出一個小小的回家作業:用英文看一部節目五分鐘,下次來跟你說。
Tip: End on a high note. The last feeling the student has should be that English was fun and that they did well today. 小提醒:在高點結束。學生最後的感受,應該是「英文好好玩,我今天表現得很好」。

🧭 Tutor notes

老師筆記 · 判斷程度、規劃下次
BEGINNER 初級
  • Stick to simple words: movie, like, funny, scary. Accept short answers and praise them warmly.用簡單的字就好:movie、like、funny、scary。接受短答案,並熱情地稱讚他。
  • Use lots of yes/no and "or" questions ("Comedy or action?") to lower pressure.多用是非題和「或」的問題(「喜劇還是動作片?」)來降低壓力。
  • Model full sentences for them to copy.示範完整句子,讓他模仿跟著說。
INTERMEDIATE 中級
  • Push for reasons: always follow an answer with "Why?" or "Tell me more."追問原因:每個回答後都接「為什麼?」或「再多說一點」。
  • Introduce a few new words (genre, recommend, plot) only if they come up naturally.只在自然出現時,引入幾個新字(genre、recommend、plot)。
  • Let small errors slide; correct only what blocks meaning.放過小錯誤,只更正會影響理解的部分。
ADVANCED 進階
  • Aim for a real debate — share opinions and gently disagree to spark discussion.以真正的辯論為目標——分享意見,並溫和地表達不同看法來激發討論。
  • Encourage longer, connected answers using "because," "however," and "for example."鼓勵更長、有連貫的回答,使用「because」「however」和「for example」。
  • Note two or three advanced phrases at the end for them to keep.最後記下兩三個進階片語,讓他帶走收藏。
Most important: This is a conversation between two people who like movies, not a test. If the student is laughing and talking, the lesson is working — follow their energy and their favorite shows wherever they lead. 最重要:這是兩個都喜歡電影的人之間的對話,不是考試。只要學生在笑、在說話,這堂課就成功了——跟著他的活力與他最愛的節目走,到哪都行。