Everyone has something they love to do when class is over, so this is one of the easiest topics for a real, two-way conversation. Your student talks about their hobbies, you share yours, and the English flows naturally from there.
⏱ ~60 minutes🎯 All levels🔊 Tap to hear any phrase
Before you start tutor prep
開始前 · 給老師的兩分鐘準備
This lesson needs zero preparation. Skim it once before the call, then teach straight from the screen. Here is your quick checklist:
這堂課完全不用準備。通話前先看一遍,然後直接照著螢幕上課。以下是你的快速檢查清單:
Open this page in your browser and share your screen, or just keep it on the side.在瀏覽器開啟這一頁並分享螢幕,或就放在旁邊備用。
Test your microphone and the 🔊 buttons — tap one now so you know the sound works.測試你的麥克風和 🔊 按鈕——現在先點一個,確認聲音正常。
Have your camera on. A friendly face helps a shy student relax.打開鏡頭。一張友善的臉能讓害羞的學生放鬆。
Keep a simple chat box open to type new words your student wants to see spelled out.開著一個簡單的聊天視窗,方便打出學生想看到拼法的新單字。
Think of one or two of your own hobbies — you will share too, so the talk feels equal.想一兩個你自己的嗜好——你也要分享,這樣對話才對等。
Mindset: Your job is not to be perfect or to "fix" every mistake. Your job is to get the student talking and to enjoy the conversation with them. If they speak more than you do, the lesson is working.
心法:你的任務不是要完美,也不是「糾正」每個錯誤。你的任務是讓學生開口,並享受和他的對話。只要他說得比你多,這堂課就成功了。
1 · Warm-up 5 min
暖身 · 輕鬆開場
Start gently and with a smile. Ask a few easy questions to warm up the student's ears and mouth before the harder talking begins.
輕鬆又帶著微笑開始。在較難的對話前,先問幾個簡單的問題,暖一暖學生的耳朵和嘴巴。
Hi! How are you today? How was your day?嗨!你今天好嗎?今天過得如何?
What do you like to do after school or after work?放學或下班後你喜歡做什麼?
Do you have any hobbies?你有什麼嗜好嗎?
What did you do last weekend?你上個週末做了什麼?
Are you a busy person, or do you have a lot of free time?你是個忙碌的人,還是有很多空閒時間?
Tip: Let the student answer fully before you move on. Nod, react, and ask one quick follow-up ("Oh, really? Tell me more!") so it feels like a chat, not a test.
小提醒:在換下一題前,讓學生把話說完。點頭、回應,再追問一句(「喔,真的嗎?多說一點!」),這樣感覺像聊天,而不是考試。
2 · Key words & phrases 8 min
關鍵單字與句子 · 點 🔊 帶讀
Go through these together. Tap 🔊 to play the sound, have the student repeat, then ask them to make their own short sentence with each one.
一起念過這些。點 🔊 播放發音,請學生跟著念,再請他用每個字造一個自己的短句。
hobby嗜好Reading is my favorite hobby.
free time空閒時間I don't have much free time on weekdays.
sport運動Basketball is a popular sport in Taiwan.
video game電玩遊戲I play video games with my friends online.
to draw畫畫I like to draw cartoon characters.
to read閱讀I love to read before I go to sleep.
to collect收集I like to collect old coins.
to practice練習I practice the piano every evening.
fun好玩的;有趣的Hiking with friends is really fun.
relaxing令人放鬆的Listening to music is so relaxing.
I'm into ___我最近很迷___I'm into photography these days.
In my free time I ___空閒時我會___In my free time I go hiking in the mountains.
Tip: Don't drill all twelve like a list. Pick the ones closest to your student's real life and spend longer there. Skip or save the rest if time is short.
小提醒:別把這十二個當清單一個個操練。挑最貼近學生真實生活的字,在那裡多花點時間。時間不夠就跳過或留到下次。
3 · Read & talk 8 min
讀與說 · 兩個朋友的對話
Read this short chat between two friends. First, you read A and the student reads B. Then switch roles. Tap 🔊 to hear any line first.
念這段兩個朋友之間的短對話。先由你念 A、學生念 B,然後交換角色。可以先點 🔊 聽每一句。
A
Hey, what do you like to do in your free time?
嘿,你空閒時喜歡做什麼?
B
I love playing video games. How about you?
我很愛打電玩。你呢?
A
Cool! I'm really into photography. I take pictures every weekend.
酷!我超迷攝影。我每個週末都拍照。
B
That sounds fun. What do you like to take pictures of?
聽起來很好玩。你喜歡拍什麼?
A
Mostly nature and the city at night. It's very relaxing.
大多是大自然和夜晚的城市。很放鬆。
B
Nice. Maybe you can teach me sometime.
不錯耶。改天你可以教我。
A
Sure! And maybe you can show me your favorite game.
當然!那你也可以給我看你最愛的遊戲。
B
Deal! It's more fun when we share our hobbies.
一言為定!分享彼此的嗜好更有趣。
Tip: After reading, close the script and ask the student to remember it: "What is A's hobby? What is B's hobby?" Then ask, "Which one is more like you?"
小提醒:念完後把稿子收起來,請學生回想:「A 的嗜好是什麼?B 的嗜好是什麼?」再問:「哪一個比較像你?」
4 · Let's talk 12 min
換你說 · 依程度選一組,讓學生主導
This is the heart of the lesson. Pick questions at your student's level and let them speak. Share your own answers too, so it feels like two friends talking.
這是整堂課的核心。挑符合學生程度的問題,讓他說。你也分享自己的答案,這樣就像兩個朋友在聊天。
BEGINNER 初級
What is your favorite hobby?你最喜歡的嗜好是什麼?
Do you like sports? Which one?你喜歡運動嗎?哪一種?
What do you do on the weekend?你週末都做什麼?
Do you play video games? Yes or no?你打電玩嗎?有還是沒有?
Do you read books? What kind?你看書嗎?看哪一類的?
INTERMEDIATE 中級
How often do you do your hobby? When did you start?你多常做你的嗜好?什麼時候開始的?
What do you usually do on a typical weekend?你一般的週末通常都做什麼?
Do you prefer hobbies you do alone, or with other people? Why?你比較喜歡自己做的嗜好,還是跟別人一起的?為什麼?
Is there a hobby that is popular in Taiwan right now?現在台灣有什麼很流行的嗜好嗎?
What hobby did you enjoy as a child?你小時候喜歡什麼嗜好?
ADVANCED 進階
Why do you think hobbies are important for a healthy life?你覺得嗜好對健康的生活為什麼重要?
Has the internet changed the kinds of hobbies people have?網路有沒有改變人們的嗜好種類?
Some people say "you should turn your hobby into a job." Do you agree?有人說「你應該把嗜好變成工作」。你同意嗎?
If you had unlimited time and money, what hobby would you take up?如果你有無限的時間和金錢,你會開始什麼嗜好?
How do you make time for your hobbies when life gets busy?當生活變忙時,你怎麼擠出時間做嗜好?
Tip: If an answer is short, gently push for more with "Why?" or "Can you give me an example?" Echo back their answer using full sentences so they hear correct English without feeling corrected.
小提醒:回答太短時,溫和地多問「為什麼?」或「可以給我一個例子嗎?」用完整句子把他的答案複述一遍,讓他聽到正確的英文,又不覺得被糾正。
5 · Going deeper 10 min
再深入一點 · 解釋、想像、表達意見
Now stretch the student a little further. These questions ask them to explain, imagine, and give opinions in longer answers.
現在把學生再往前推一點。這些問題要他用較長的答案去解釋、想像和表達意見。
BEGINNER 初級
How do you do your hobby? Tell me the first step.你的嗜好怎麼做?告訴我第一步。
What do you need for your hobby? (a ball, a book, a phone?)做你的嗜好需要什麼?(一顆球、一本書、一支手機?)
Is there a new hobby you want to try?有沒有你想嘗試的新嗜好?
Do you spend more time on your phone or outside?你花比較多時間在手機上,還是在戶外?
INTERMEDIATE 中級
Explain how to do your hobby, step by step, like I have never tried it.一步一步解釋你的嗜好怎麼做,當作我從沒試過。
What is a hobby you would like to try, and why haven't you yet?有什麼嗜好你想試試,卻一直還沒試?為什麼?
Do you spend too much time looking at screens? How do you feel about it?你花太多時間盯著螢幕嗎?你怎麼看這件事?
How could you get more outdoor time in your week?你一週裡怎麼能多一點戶外時間?
ADVANCED 進階
Teach me your hobby in detail — give me three tips a beginner should know.詳細教我你的嗜好——給我三個新手該知道的訣竅。
Many people worry about too much "screen time." Where do you draw the line?很多人擔心「螢幕時間」太多。你的界線畫在哪裡?
Is outdoor time really better than indoor hobbies, or is that just a popular belief?戶外時間真的比室內嗜好好嗎?還是這只是普遍的迷思?
What hobby would you love to master, and what is stopping you?有什麼嗜好你很想精通?是什麼在阻礙你?
Tip: When the student explains "how to" do something, listen for sequence words like first, next, then, after that, finally. Feed them one if they get stuck.
小提醒:學生解釋「怎麼做」某件事時,注意聽順序詞,例如 first、next、then、after that、finally。他卡住時就餵一個給他。
6 · Activity — teach me your hobby 10 min
活動 · 教我你的嗜好
Time for a fun role-play. The student becomes the teacher and explains one of their hobbies to you.
來個有趣的角色扮演。學生變成老師,把他的一個嗜好解釋給你聽。
Ask the student to choose one hobby they really enjoy.請學生選一個他真正喜歡的嗜好。
Have them explain it to you step by step, as if you've never done it. You ask real questions: "Why?", "What do you need?", "Is it hard?"請他一步一步解釋給你聽,當作你從沒做過。你問真實的問題:「為什麼?」「需要什麼?」「會很難嗎?」
Pretend to try it and react: "Oh, I see! That sounds tricky but fun."假裝跟著試試並回應:「喔,我懂了!聽起來有點難但很好玩。」
Then switch — you teach them one of your hobbies in simple English.然後交換——換你用簡單的英文教他你的一個嗜好。
Finally, find a hobby you both share, or one you'd both like to try together.最後,找一個你們都有的嗜好,或一個你們都想一起試試的嗜好。
My hobby is ___.
First, you need ___.
Then you ___.
The best part is ___.
I think you would like it because ___.
We both like ___!
Tip: Stay in character as the curious learner. The more questions you ask, the more the student has to talk — and that is exactly the goal.
小提醒:保持「好奇學生」的角色。你問得越多,學生就得說得越多——而那正是目標。
7 · Wrap-up 5 min
收尾 · 在高點結束
End on a warm, encouraging note and help the student remember what they practiced.
在溫暖、鼓勵的氣氛中結束,並幫學生記住他今天練了什麼。
Ask: "What are two new words you learned today?"問:「你今天學到哪兩個新單字?」
Ask: "Tell me one hobby of mine and one hobby of yours."問:「說一個我的嗜好和一個你的嗜好。」
Give one specific compliment: "You explained your hobby really clearly!"給一個具體的稱讚:「你把你的嗜好解釋得好清楚!」
Give one gentle tip for next time (just one — keep it light).給一個下次的溫和小建議(只要一個——保持輕鬆)。
Set a tiny "homework": "This week, try saying 'I'm into ___' to a friend in English."出個小小的「作業」:「這週,試著用英文對朋友說『I'm into ___』。」
Say a friendly goodbye and thank them for the great conversation.友善地道別,謝謝他這場很棒的對話。
Tip: Always close with encouragement. The feeling the student leaves with matters more than any single grammar point.
小提醒:永遠用鼓勵收尾。學生帶走的感受,比任何一個文法點都重要。
🧭 Tutor notes
老師筆記 · 因材施教
A few reminders for getting the most out of this lesson with any level of learner:
給你幾個提醒,讓這堂課對任何程度的學生都發揮最大效果:
BEGINNER 初級
Speak slowly and use short questions. Accept one-word or short answers, then model the full sentence back.放慢速度,用簡短的問題。接受單字或短語回答,再用完整句子示範回去。
Lean on the 🔊 buttons and lots of repetition. Smiles and patience matter most.多用 🔊 按鈕和大量重複。微笑和耐心最重要。
INTERMEDIATE 中級
Push for "why" and examples. Introduce the phrases "I'm into ___" and sequence words.多追問「為什麼」和例子。介紹「I'm into ___」這個句型和順序詞。
Let small mistakes go; recast the sentence correctly instead of stopping the flow.放過小錯誤;把句子正確地重述一遍,而不是打斷他的節奏。
ADVANCED 進階
Use the opinion and "imagine" questions. Challenge them to give detailed, organized answers.用表達意見和「想像」類的問題。挑戰他給出詳細、有條理的答案。
Note one or two natural-sounding upgrades to share at the wrap-up, not mid-flow.記下一兩個更自然的說法,留到收尾時分享,而不是在對話途中打斷。
Most important: This is a conversation, not a lecture. Aim for the student to talk about 70% of the time. If you both leave the call smiling and they spoke a lot, you did a great job.
最重要:這是對話,不是講課。目標是讓學生說大約七成的時間。只要你們都笑著結束通話,而且他說了很多,你就做得很好。